Tuesday 3 July 2012

Stila One Step Correct

Something that has been a favourite of mine for the last two/three months now has been Stila's One Step Correct Serum. I'm not going to lie, I originally bought it because IT LOOKED SO AWESOME! The triple-swirled helix of colour really brings this product to life and advertises what the product is truely about. 

                                          

Packaging wise, they couldn't have gone wrong. And yet it's so simple, using just a plastic bottle with a tough lid and a pump to distribute the product. Stila packaging has always been cute, but the factor that sets this apart from other serums is by making the bottle transparent, instantly opening up the consumers eyes to this triple-swirled helix. Another thing to note on the packaging is the use of a 'lift'. By this I mean, when the product rises to the top of the bottle as you use it so you can see how much is left. (Please feel free to let me know the technical name for this!) 

                                         

One Step Correct (OSC) consists of three different coloured serums, each one individually tailored to combat certain skin problems. The green helps to minimise redness, whilst the lavender counteracts sallow undertones and the peach brightens and illuminates tired skin. My skin has always been normal/combination and I am lucky to never have many problems. Saying this, my skin tone just won't settle on one colour! My eyes are pretty deep set, so I suffer from purple tones in that area and then I have some pink flushes around the cheeks. A generous pump of OSC covers my whole face and balances the tone of my skin before applying foundation. It has a very subtle scent to it that fades almost immediately and is also quite thirst-quenching on the skin. I tend to skip moisturiser now and just mix OSC with a bit of my Revlon Photoready Primer to ensure my make-up lasts all day.

Three months worth of everyday use - only half gone.
This serum doesn't just balance the colour of your skin, though. Amongst it's magical wonders, it also minimises pores, hydrates and balances, controls oil and diminishes the look of fine lines and wrinkles. What can it not do?! Besides making you a cuppa in the morning, now that's just asking for too much! I honestly cannot see why this product wouldn't work for those with dry, oily or older skin, it is my miracle product.

You can get Stila One Step Correct from selected Boots stores, Feel Unique, Space NK and Asos. RRP is £24.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment, I read each and every one of them and appreciate your time and opinions!