Sunday 1 July 2012

MeMeMe Flawless Finish Foundation

I'm a sucker for foundation. I've got so many different varieties in my make-up collection and yet I go out and buy more! This particular babe of a foundation has been catching my eye for the last few months, however I kept telling myself I didn't need anymore and to save myself for YSL's new offering. I buckled under pressure when I saw it was on offer for a whole £2 less! Wow! Savings! 

                       

MeMeMe are one of those brands that I always browse at and never end up buying, that's not to say they aren't worth it. Their shimmer stacks are gorgeous and I feel like MeMeMe are starting to model themselves as a cheaper Benefit counter Their packaging is querky and cute, whilst many of their products are almost exact dupes for many of Benefit's offerings. The Flawless Finish Foundation (FFF) has quite simple and cheap packaging, being just in a plastic bottle with a firm lid and pump. Although this doesn't bother me too much, it doesn't seem to justify the price of it (RRP is £12.50) and causes me to have higher expectations of the product itself. 


But boy, were those expectations met! FFF is a cream foundation, so is slightly thicker and more moisturising in texture than a run of the mill liquid variety. It blends in so easily and feels incredibly lightweight and smooth on the skin. Blemishes were covered well and the light-absorbing pigments helped my face look healthy and awake. The pump is easy to use and not fiddly at all, providing the consumer with just the right amount of foundation. Coverage wise, I would definitely agree with it being a medium coverage. It doesn't look caked on at all and natural factors of the skin are still able to shine through, which I always prefer in a foundation. However, that's not to say it isn't buildable. This can be layered on for a Saturday night out. 
 


Powder isn't a necessity with this foundation as the resulting look is somewhere between a matte and dewy finish. My cheekbones get a lovely flush of highlight from the product and the rest of my face feels thirst quenched without looking shiny or sheer. 

My only qualm with FFF is that it only comes in four shades. With so many different ethnicities out there, you cannot afford to be ignoring those with fair, olive or dark skin. My own skin is olive, however it is quite pale currently due to the lack of Summer in England and therefore the shade 'Beige Blush' is almost a perfect match.
Notice the burn on my wrist

Burn is practically gone!
A few months ago, I didn't even know that MeMeMe did foundation, I just assumed it was all colour. But now, I'm at a point where I feel this foundation is such great quality that I would be willing to repurchase again and would happily use it on a night out with the girls. Even if it is just a tad too pricey for the high street.

MeMeMe Flawless Finish Cream Foundation is available online and at Superdrug with an RRP of £12.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment, I read each and every one of them and appreciate your time and opinions!