Monday 2 July 2012

L'oreal Paris Color Infallible Eyeshadow - Goldmine

Although this eyeshadow has been around for a few months now, I've only just gotten round to trying it out. I usually just go for eyeshadow palettes as they are better value for money and you get many shades that compliment each other already in one box, easy peasy! However this eyeshadow from L'oreal Paris caught my eye due to it's intense shimmer and array of colours.



Color Infallible Eyeshadow comes in a square transparent pot, helping you to spot the particular shade you would like in your make-up bag. As well as this, the tight cap also provides a sticker ontop the same colour as the shade encased. The testers in highstreet shops are a nightmare to use as you have to pull out a draw of different colours and pick out the shade you want without letting go, otherwise they'll retreat back into the stand. It sounds ridiculous, but that put me off them quite a few times as I couldn't be bothered faffing around with them! 


Onto the eyeshadow itself. As you can see from the pictures, this particular shade (Goldmine) has a gorgeous and intense shimmer to it. All of the shades in this range are shimmers and some are also two different colours mixed together, however I have found these hard to come by. Don't let the shimmer put you off though. Somehow L'oreal have formulated this so it is majorly shimmery, yet when coupled together with a contour shade, it can pass for a eye opening daytime look.

 
The eyeshadow scores high on pigmentation, with one sweep doing the job well. It also has a lovely velvety texture that I really appreciate when I get to dip my finger in there! (oo-er!) This isn't an eyeshadow for brushes though, ladies! Fingers work best in this case and I've found it blends and smudges nicely using this method. Synthetic brushes do pick up some of the colour for those that want to create a different look, but natural hair brushes are a no-no! L'oreal claims that Color Infallible eyeshadow lasts for up to 24 hours, however I did feel after 8 hours it had started to fade. 

There are currently 18 shades available in the UK and Color Infallible can be found in Boots, Superdrug and many online retail shops at an RRP of £6.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment, I read each and every one of them and appreciate your time and opinions!