Wednesday 11 April 2012

The absent shopper

Apologies for the absence in posts, lovely readers. I have not been very well the past few weeks and it finally hit me full on last weekend! I'm over it, however the boyfriend is currently suffering from my germs - I've never seen a grown man moan so much in my life!

Onto the make-up! I picked up these items a few weeks back before I was struck down by the 21st Century plague and am eager to show you lot where my hard earned money ends up!


I'm sure many of you are dying to know how the Maybelline Colour Tattoo pots have fanned out for myself and I've got to say I LOVE THEM. I was lucky enough to find them in both my local Boots and Superdrug, however they were sparse on colours and I had to have a good dig to get the colours I was intrigued to try. The shades I snapped up were fairly neutral shades - I didn't want to pick a colour that would be unwearable for everyday, I wanted something I could test out regularly. A more in depth review will follow in another post.
 


Gosh Defining Brow Gel - My favourite Mac brow pencil had finished,  I wanted to try other ways of defining my brows and came across this - a simple clear gel to stroke through them to keep them in place. Being only £4.99, it is a cheap and simple way of keeping brows natural looking and in tact.


Gosh Eyebrow Pencil (Soft Black) - I thought instead of buying another Mac pencil, I would try out a cheaper option. This one comes with a brush, which is great for on the go taming. Unfortunately, the colour is just a tad too harsh for my skin tone, but the staying power was brilliant. 




 

Sleek Brow Kit (Dark) - Again, another alternative to my regular brow pencil. I wanted something to keep my brows looking neat but still natural. Being olive skinned, the dark shade worked the best with my skin. This kit comes with two brushes (one angled) and a pair of mini tweezers to pluck any naughty hairs. Along with the tools, there is an tinted eyebrow gel and a powder that is used to fill and shape your brows as well as keep them in place. I favour this kit for my everyday make-up and although it isn't necessarily the best in terms of shade varieties and so on, I feel it works well for myself. At only £7.99, you can't fault it!



 
Sleek Blush By 3 (Lace) - There's not enough blushers in my collection! I've always been a 'just contour' girl, but one day I had an epiphany and now must add colour to my cheeks! This gorgeous and sturdy palette features three perky shades, two being matte and the one in the middle being a shimmer. A mirror included ensures touch ups are easy to deal with when on the go. Highly pigmented, just one stroke will instantly transform cheeks. The best part is the middle shade is almost a perfect dupe for Lancome's Blush Subtil in Peach Fever, if anything just slightly more red and pigmented, but still shimmering with gold specks that catch the light perfectly. At £10, it's hard to pass up any of these Blush By 3 palettes, I've got my eye on the Pumpkin palette next!


 
This was actually my first time trying Sleek products and I am pleasantly surprised. They are an incredible bargain for how pigmented and long lasting the products are, not to mention the wide variety of shades that are offered. As well as the cosmetics themselves, the packaging is incredibly sturdy and actually sleek as the name would suggest. Has anyone got any Sleek products they would love to rave about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment, I read each and every one of them and appreciate your time and opinions!