Wednesday 11 April 2012

Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 Hr


Eternal Gold
The Maybelline Colour Tattoo pots have been hugely hyped in the beauty blogging world and I was lucky to find a few in my local Boots and Superdrug before the official release date in late March. Although, that's not to say there were a lot on display! It practically looked like people had jumped on it, as they seem to have used the ripped cardboard display to finger paint with these new pots. I managed to grab the colours that I was interested in trying after much looking around and am incredibly pleased. 


The packaging is very simple, yet solid with a screw top and what I am guessing to be a glass base. The sticker on top coincides with the shade of the eyeshadow, as well as the base being clear so spotting the product in your make-up bag should be easy. 

On and On Bronze
Claims by Maybelline suggest these pots last as long as 24 hours and that they are crease proof, something that many cream eyeshadows struggle with! Being a fan of the finish cream eyeshadows have to offer but hating that horrible crease and gloop you get once it's been worn for a few hours, I was quick to try this straight away without any sort of eyelid primer to test it out. Applying it with my fingers was easy, the warmth from my skin allowed it to melt and spread with ease along my eyelids. Any mistakes made were quick and easy to just wipe off. 

The shades that I chose (Eternal Gold and On and On Bronze) were neutral to allow me to use them as an everyday look as well as for a night out. They are both highly pigmented (an 8 out of 10 if I had to score them) with a light metallic shimmer to accompany the gorgeous colour. The shimmer isn't too overpowering, enough for a night on the town but also subtle for a sunny day. I teamed the two shades together a few times, Eternal Gold all over the lid and On and On Bronze for the crease and immediately I was met with a radiant 'perfect for the beach' smokey look. 


So I bet you're all asking me how long did it last? It honestly did not budge all day. If I did have any qualms, all I could say was the metallic shimmer calmed down as the hours past but when I teamed this was an eyelid primer, that 'problem' was soon fixed. As for the crease that is usually a result of using cream and gel eyeshadows, Colour Tattoo was as smooth at the end of the day as when I had first applied it. 

What could you use this for? Obviously being an eyeshadow, that would be your number one use of it. However, the brighter colours in the range will be great for a Summer eyeliner, whether it's above or below the eye, they are easy to blend and smudge proving a great consistency for it. Other than that, you could use the more neutral shades as a highlighter, whether it's on the brow bone for a night out or in the corner of your eyes for a wide open look. 


At only £4.99, they are a huge bargain for the amount of product you get and the versatility of them. Snap them up while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment, I read each and every one of them and appreciate your time and opinions!