Wednesday 11 April 2012

Get Photoready with Revlon!


On the lookout for a new 'cheap' foundation (yes, I have to have at least one cheap foundation to turn to), I came across the Photoready range by Revlon. I've known about it for some time, however the range has really grown recently to include powder, primer, foundation etc. After trying the newest addition, the Airbrush Mousse and establishing that I absolutely HATED IT, I decided to go with the old favourite liquid foundation that everyone loves and added a primer and eye brightener for good measure.

Both the primer and foundation come in similar glass bottles with a plastic pump and lid. I believe the packaging to look very upmarket if it were sitting on your dressing table and not bad on the eyes. The eye brightener comes in a plastic tube with a fan type brush similar to that of YSL's Touche Eclat to allow for easy application. All of the product's packaging seems very sleek and robust, however I would only be confident keeping the eye brightener in my handbag, as with the others I feel the lid could come off easily when travelling about. 

Revlon Photoready Primer (£11.99) - With all the high street's sudden influx of primers, I thought it was about time to see what the cheaper options had to offer compared to many more expensive products I have tried. This particular creation has a slight pink tint to it to help even out skin tone, something that would be a great help to my dark patches. It has a runny consistency that applies and spreads around the face and neck with ease as well as a slight moisturising agent to it to help soften and smooth the skin. I don't have many fine lines on my face, however it does help to fill in the ones around my mouth. For my bad pore days, I do find a spot of Benefit's The Porefessional is needed, but that doesn't bother me at all. As for long wear of my make-up, it easily adds at least 3 more hours than wearing without a primer, therefore it may help those of you who have oily skin for a lot longer than your normal foundation wear.

Revlon Photoready Makeup (£12.99) - I have fallen in love. This foundation claims to give you flawless skin even in the harshest of lights by using light diffusing particles. Although it does say it will help to erase flaws, I would put this in the category of a medium coverage foundation. It feels lightweight on the skin, the consistency is just slightly thicker than that of the primer and it helps to also give the face a gorgeous radiant glow. I've used this for many different times in the day ranging from a sunny one in the park to a night out under many different lights and I felt when I looked in the mirror, I wasn't seeing dry patches or uneven skin tone. Coming with an SPF 20, you can be confident your skin is well protected against the harmful rays of the sun - coming home with a red face is not a good look. The only problem I have is the lack of shades that are available, only 8 are being sold in the UK right now. I was lucky enough to perfectly match 004 Nude, however for some of you it may be a case of mixing two shades together.

Revlon Photoready Eye Primer & Brightener (£9.99) - This miracle tube has a pink tint to it to instantly brighten tired looking eyes and dark spots on the face, it is incredibly easy to compare this to Touche Eclat by Yves Saint Laurent. However, I found the product to be a lot thinner than YSL's classic highlighter resulting in a smoother feel on the skin, however not as great coverage wise. It instantly perks up my eyelids when they are looking dark and tired, however my undereye circles do take some taming! On my lazy days, I tend to use this as a highlighter as I feel it gives a gorgeous dewy look to wherever applied and a small amount definitely does go a long way! Unfortunately, this product is only available in the one colour, so it is almost like a 'one size fits all' situation, however I feel it could really take off and hopefully more shades will be added.

 
L - Eye Brightener M - Primer R - Foundation



All in all, I am incredibly made up with this range and may have to try the powder next. I hate how cakey some powders can be and hope the Photoready offering provides me with a light but working coverage.

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog! Please come check my blog out and looking forward to reading your blog more. Follow for follow?!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comment, I read each and every one of them and appreciate your time and opinions!