Monday 20 February 2012

Soap & Glory Make-up KICKS ASS

I've been dying to try a few items from the recently launched Soap & Glory make-up range, however every time I would pop into my local Boots store, they would always be sold out of the items I wanted to test out. A positive sign the items in question are great, but not good for Miss 'Must Have It' over here. Luckily, the angels were on my side yesterday and there were a few of the products left in my colour! I picked up Kick Ass Concealer in Medium and the Show Good Face Foundation & Primer in A Nude Peach and I've got to say, God they're amazing!



As you can probably guess from the picture above, I also grabbed a new mascara and another concealer which I've had my eye on as well, but more on those later. 


So shall we start with the Show Good Face foundation and primer? I was most interested in testing this product out due to the fact that it primes and makes a smooth base for your face all in one. With it also retailing at £11, it's well worth the money and is a great size to take in travel bags for those on the go. As well as being a 2-in-1 foundation and primer, it also has an SPF of 15, keeping your skin protected against those harmful winter rays of England (yeah, right?!). Ok, so having an SPF in your foundation isn't a necessity in Britain, but like I said, it would be great for a travel make-up bag. So this could be your perfect holiday foundation! Let's move onto application. Show Good Face is a liquid foundation and just like with any other, I squirted a bit on the back of my hand and dotted a Kabuki brush in it to blend it around my face. It goes a heck of a long way. I bought it in the colour 'A Nude Peach', which is just a shade more golden than my skin colour, but it made my face glow! The box boasts it has 'long wearing lightscramble luminospheres' - honestly, I don't know what the heck that is. I gather it is Soap & Glory's awesome way of telling the consumer it has radiance boosting pigments, something every girl needs in a certain foundation as a pick-me-up. With the product going a long way, my face didn't look caked in make-up therefore leaving me with a smooth and natural looking base. Now, it's nine hours since it was applied and my skin is looking good, but not as great as when first applied. The dewy look I was left with just after application has faded and I no longer look radiant, so on long days you may need some touching up!


Keeping with the Soap & Glory theme just for now, I'll tell you all about Kick Ass Concealer. I'm very excited just about writing this paragraph. As a sufferer of stubborn & dark under-eye circles, I've always been on the look out for great concealers. This is one I will definitely be repurchasing. At £10, again it is a reasonable price and is easy to come by being on the high street - for those of you who have well stocked Boots stores that is. The product describes itself as a three piece flaw camouflage kit, brilliant for any kind of blemish you need covering.
The Powder (Step three)
The concealer (Step one / Step two)
It comes in three steps. The first is a light creamy concealer, great for under-eye circles and uneven skin tone. The second is a dark beige colour, perfect for red spots and to tone down the brightness of the first step. The third step is a translucent powder, there to set your concealer in place and banish your blemishes from revealing themselves all day. 
 
The product was incredibly easy to apply and didn't take any longer than a normal one-step concealer would. I would heavily recommend keeping this in your handbag, ladies! It's as small as any other compact, includes a mirror and a puff for the powder and the concealer is so creamy it can easily be dabbed on with your fingers. Great for any touch-ups! However, that is if you needed any touch-ups. With this concealer applied in the morning, you're guaranteed to be looking blemish free and your best all day. To summarise, it's incredibly long lasting!

 
A quick description on the last two high street products now. Starting with the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer, yes another concealer, but I do love to mix them up every now and then. This product is buzzing around all the beauty blogs right now, however the last time I used a Collection 2000 product was years ago in my early teens. Not knowing what to expect, I tested it in store and it certainly exceeded my expectations. I bought the Medium (No. 3) colour as it was just slightly lighter than my skin tone and perfect for brightening my face when it's flagging. It claims to last about 16 hours, however I have not yet had the chance to test this claim out unfortunately. I intend to keep this in my bag at work as it's a liquid texture kept in a small tube that comes with a brush, making it easy to simply sweep on and blend with fingertips. 



The last product is a toss-up for myself. It's the Telescopic Mascara by L'oreal and it's been on my 'to buy' list for a while as a brilliant beauty blogger (Viviannadoesmakeup) has raved about it. I bought the non-waterproof version. I've never been one for waterproof mascara as I can never get all of the bugger off! As Viviannadoesmakeup has said as well, I don't usually go for plastic brushes, however once applied I found it separated my lashes so well decreasing the chances of clumps forming and lengthened my lashes nicely. It also held the curl in my lash all day, opening my eyes up to make them look wide awake. The only qualm I have is that it doesn't thicken my lashes. Now, I know I'm asking for everything when I want it to separate my lashes neatly but to also thicken them - I don't think there is any mascara that does what I am asking for. However, I much prefer big and thick eyelashes, so I'm going to put this lovely mascara aside for my bad lash days when they need some taming!


Incredibly happy about my mini make-up haul, ESPECIALLY my Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer. That has earned it's place as a staple in my make-up bag already. What are your make-up bag essentials? And have you tried Soap & Glory's makeup range?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment, I read each and every one of them and appreciate your time and opinions!