Thursday 16 February 2012

I think I'm in love with nude lipsticks!

In my previous post, I spoke about how I decided to take a risk and buy two nude toned lipsticks that the beauty blogging world loves - Mac's Hue and Shy Girl. A Mac package arrived very quickly and swiftly at my door the other day and I was face to face with these two beautiful colours, the first time seeing them in the flesh for myself. 

I was quick to try to the lipsticks on. I have to admit after years of wearing brightly coloured and highly pigmented lip products, I slathered the sticks on my lips waiting to see a huge difference gushing before me. Little did I know, the huge difference wouldn't surface. My first experience of nude lip colours and I was quite disappointed. But I didn't want to give up, I knew there was something special about these colours and they wouldn't be as popular as they are today if there wasn't. And so, I have swapped these two products around and worn them religiously the past 5 days and now, I have to say...I think I'm in love. 

So let's move on to the actual products in question.  

Hue was the colour I was most intrigued about. Not only was it one of Mac's bestselling lipsticks, it was also the number 1 lip product all the beauty bloggers would be talking about. I felt lucky to have my hands on it, even though Mac has sold thousands (possibly millions) of Hue, I didn't know anyone personally who used it. So what is so special about it? Let's start off with the colour. Although, it is classed as a nude lipstick, it actually has a very subtle pink (dare i say it...) HUE to it. Not the kind of Barbie pink that you see in many make-up products, but the lightest shade of pink you can imagine. Coinciding with the colour, the texture is very soft and smooth and it glides on so easily, almost as if it were a gloss. A shimmer parades throughout the lipstick that catches the light nicely to compliment the colour.





Onto Shy Girl. Now I've got to tell you, this has to be my favourite shade out of the two mentioned in this blog. The reason? Shy Girl, again is classed as a nude lip colour but it actually has a gorgeous peachy tone to it. This peachy tone compliments my skin and really lifts it up when it's flagging, especially recently due to the cold weather and the impending spring. Pastels are making a comeback this spring/summer, however I would definitely favour this peachy colour over bright pastels. It compliments my olive skin tone nicely and paired with a similar coloured blush, it really gives your face a cute shot of colour. The product has a slight shimmer to it again, similar to Hue, however it seems a tad thicker in texture needing slightly more effort to apply. 




All this time I was looking for a huge difference to my lips, when I didn't seem to comprehend that huge difference was somewhere else. The simple process of using a skin toned lip colour changed my appearance in full. My everyday make-up routine consists of many neutral shades and tones, I don't tend to use bright colours - that can be saved for nights out and Summer. Instead, I brighten the tone of my make-up by then adding a heavy and deep coloured lipstick to draw attention and definition to that one part of my face. After using Hue and Shy Girl, I feel like there is now a balance. I automatically looked older, not in the negative sense but in a sophisticated way. My boyfriend started complimenting my appearance a lot more. Coincidence? It could be. However I put it down to the fact the colour of these lipsticks don't release a cry of desperation to be complimented, like many bright products can do. Instead, they subtly sizzle with hotness, dominate with power and release your inner prowess.

Hue (Left) & Shy Girl (Right)
I am most definitely in love with nude lipsticks and cannot wait to buy more. What nude lipsticks do you love?

2 comments:

  1. that's a very natural colour.

    http://naniiyalondon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nude lipstick are so good,they goes with everything!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comment, I read each and every one of them and appreciate your time and opinions!