Tuesday 21 February 2012

Rainy Day Products


Every girl has those rainy day products hiding in their cupboard. The type of products that you won't necessarily use a lot, but when you run into a beauty dilemma, you will always know they are there for you ready to use and combat! My bathroom cupboards are full to the brim of bottles of moisturisers, dry shampoo, face masks etc etc - I feel incredibly sorry for the only other person who lives in this flat, my boyfriend, HA! The great thing about this 'clutter' is that although they are incredibly amazing and do the job, they're only at high street prices. Here is a selection of the best rainy day beauty essentials I have ready for me when I need them! 

Good Things Five Minute Facial - I love the Good Things range, all of the products smell delicious and are suitable for all skin types. This five minute facial is a lightweight face mask that you can easily smear onto your face when it is flagging. I aim to use it every week, however I am forgetful! I tend to pop it on just before getting in the shower and wash it off in there. It opens pores and cleans deep down before tightening them again. The result? Incredibly radiant and smooth skin, just what any girl wants!

Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter - I'm sure most of you know about this. It's been available for years now and has won many awards, so I won't go into too much detail. It smells gorgeous and this scent lingers on your skin afterwards giving it a sexy, fresh boost. However, the reason why this body butter is so desirable is how moisturising it is for your skin! This product has been a real life saver over the cold, winter months. If cracked and dull skin became an issue, I would just whack some of this lovely stuff on and my skin would be as smooth as a baby's bottom afterwards. Brilliant stuff.

Veet Facial Wax Strips - These are mainly for my womanly moustache that likes to make an appearance every now and then! Having a Lebanese ethnicity and being olive skinned means I have naturally dark hair, which is a right bugger once a patch of hair starts to grow in unwanted places. Bleaching my upper lip is a no-no for me. So I just warm up one of these strips between my hands, pop it onto my upper lip and pull it off. Smooth kisses from now on.

Boots Tea Tree & Witch hazel Nose Pore Strips - These cost nothing. Many of Boots own brand skin care is fine for my skin as I luckily don't have too many problems. I'm not prone to spots and use a blackhead exfoliator every day (Good Things) with a Soap & Glory exfoliating pad so these strips only get used every month or maybe even longer than that! However, they do a fab job when I have a breakout of blackheads on my nose that cannot be tackled with the normal skincare routine. Dampen your nose, pop the strip on and leave for a few minutes before peeling off and washing. The best part is looking at those naughty blackheads on the strip afterwards. Ewwww!!!

VO5 Hot Oil - These are so old-school and were the first oil treatment for hair I ever tried. Even though I have moved on since them, I still keep a stash in my cupboard for a quick treatment in the shower if my hair is ever dull and lifeless. Under a tenner, so definitely worth keeping a box in hiding for a bad cash flow month and if you can't afford other oil treatments. 

What are your rainy day products?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment, I read each and every one of them and appreciate your time and opinions!