Wednesday 8 February 2012

The B.B Cream that starts my day right!

I've been into make-up and beauty seriously for the past year and I have always believed that to achieve the right finish, you have to use the best product to start with. Introducing the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector, a daily all-in-one B.B cream that I use as a moisturiser and primer to prepare my face for my make-up routine that follows. After reading about it in the beauty sections of many magazines and seeing advertisements thrown in my face, I decided a few weeks ago to put it on my wishlist (how fickle am i?) and last week, I finally got round to buying it. I buy many of my beauty products from Boots due to the fact I live in a country town and a variety of shops is unheard of. However, Boots always satisfy my needs as they stock many of the mainstream and some lesser-known brands and they do so at a reasonable price. Whilst browsing last week, I eyed up the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector, and luckily for myself, it was at a cheaper price that day than the normal RRP of £9.99.  


The bottle comes in a handy 50ml size, so it's easy to pop in your bag for any touch ups that may be needed and it's a reasonable size for travelling with. However, this is currently the only size the product is available in so expect to bulk buy when it is on offer to stock up for the future. Moving onto the review, now that I've had over a week to test it properly, I can definitely say that I love it. The B.B in the name of the cream is essentially an acronym for blemish balm, which leads you to realise that this is a cream that flatters your skin by smoothing out any imperfections. The product comes in two different shades, Light and Medium. With no testers around, I was left to go with instinct and picked up the medium, due to the fact I have olive skin and I believed that the light shade would give my complexion the resemblance of a ghost. Onto the application. I squeezed the product onto my fingertip and out came a mousse-like cream that was tinted. I've never used a B.B cream before as they've only just blown out onto the high street, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but once seeing the cream was tinted it all made sense as to how it worked and I thought that it was essentially a tinted moisturiser. Once I rubbed it into my fingertips, the mousse-like texture turned a lot more creamy, echoing that of regular moisturiser. 




I'm one of those lucky few that doesn't suffer from spots very regularly, but I do have different tones to my skin all over my face that always has to be fixed during the concealing part of my make-up routine. I applied it to my face using just my fingertips and massaging it all over, including my neck. The tone was just about a shade darker than my regular skin colour, however once I apply my make-up and so on it blends in well. Once the cream was on, the heavy texture turned lightweight and it went a long way . The pictures just above actually show that I put on too much of the stuff! Don't be fooled into thinking you need the amount similar to the size of a 50p coin like with most products as with this you only need the slightest squeeze. After the skin perfecter was applied, the tone of my skin was essentially all the same apart from my under eye circles which are a stubborn purple colour and need a thick concealer to cover them. I felt comfortable in my own skin and thought if I wanted to go for that natural look, all I needed was some powder to blot away some shine after using the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector and I was set! The product has a slight floral smell to it, nothing too overpowering and I found the cream to be a rich peachy beige, a great combination to smooth out imperfections and also give your skin a healthy radiant glow. 


 As you can see from the swatch on my hand, it has perked up the skin colour and blended in really nicely with no streaks.  I tend to use this product as a moisturiser and primer, as it helps to nourish any dry patches and it isn't incredibly oily (IN MODERATION!) so make-up doesn't just slide off of my face. So all in all, I am incredibly happy with this product and for a very reasonable price, I will most likely be buying again - that is if I don't find another high street B.B cream!

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Nice blog! Please come check out my blog and follow me! I'll follow you as well! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really nice blog :) I'm not so lucky about this product :/ because I don't think that garnier could say that it is a BB cream! but as a moisturizer or a primer it's good enough :)

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This product sounds great. Def need to try it :) Thanks for the review x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, what a great review. i want to try this. wishing you all the best on your new blog. :) you have a new follower here, from usa. hoping to visit again and stay connected. cheers!
    xoxo
    jasmine
    http://adamalexmommy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comment, I read each and every one of them and appreciate your time and opinions!