Friday 10 February 2012

Coming soon...


This month, I'm trying to save some money. Therefore, I've had to cut back slightly on my beauty budget - a hard thing to do when you're obsessed with make-up and skincare! So this month is devoted to necesseties. So far, I've indulged in three pairs of jeans (it's cold, I need them!) plus a few little fashion bits, but what I am really looking forward to is a little Mac package coming through my door. Unfortunately, the closest Mac counter is about an hours drive away so I couldn't buy any skin colour based products, but I thought I would treat myself to two lovely lipsticks that I have been longing over for a while. Cue Mac's Shy Girl and Hue lipstick!

After following many beauty blogs and youtube channels for a while, I have seen these two shades pop up incredibly often in favourites tags. Being a girl who only owns bright coloured lipsticks to polish off a look, I was wary of spending money on a nude/neutral toned lipstick. If I don't feel like wearing a bright lipstick, a lip balm or lip polish usually does the job. After receiving Topshop's lip polish in the shade 'chiffon' for a present, I was converted to more subtle shades of lip colour.

Shy Girl by Mac
Hue by Mac



So, long story short. I logged onto the Mac website the other day to buy a new bottle of their brilliant brush cleanser when I just decided to go ahead and buy the two lovely shades that I have been desperate for. They should be in the post now, so I cannot wait to receive these beautiful products and test them out myself. Judging by the amount of beauty bloggers that are head over heels in love with them, I'm sure I will be incredibly satisfied.


Review coming soon...

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour, I really want Hue! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot about these two shades too! Mac where I live is unusually more expensive than the rest of the world, so I rarely have the chance to buy any products! Wish I could :(

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comment, I read each and every one of them and appreciate your time and opinions!