Sunday 4 March 2012

Latest In Beauty: The Red Carpet Box


I admit it. I have an obsession with beauty boxes. Being subscribed to Glossybox and Carmine, I love the feeling I get when I return home from a hard day at work to find my lovely packaged box sitting outside my door. That feeling gets even better when I open the box, revealing all the goodies that a mere £10 has brought me. Therefore, I'm always on the search for more boxes. Whilst meaning to sign up to the Joliebox one day, I actually stumbled across this - the Latest In Beauty box. 

With their motto being 'try as you buy', I was intrigued by the concept of this company. They mainly offer luxury sized beauty samples for a fraction of the full sized price. This can be anything between £2 to £10. As well as luxury sizes, they do sachets of samples and offer these in the 'little beauty box', which allows you to choose 3 different product samples for the small price of £1.50. Brilliant for those who like to test out products without it costing an arm or a leg.

However, the best feature has to be the themed beauty boxes. Unfortunately, I can't see anywhere on their website where it states how often these boxes are released, but what sets this apart from the others is the number of samples you receive and the fact the consumer will be aware of what is in the box beforehand. Sure, this takes the surprise element away (although you could avoid this by not analysing the picture), but if you don't like the look of the box then you don't have to buy it - simple!

The box I have received above is The Red Carpet Box. Eight products sit prettily in the box with three of them being full sized. Favouring make-up over skincare, this box was perfect as I felt I received the perfect balance. So without further ado, here are the items listed.

Richard Ward Couture Hair  - An energiser styling spray with a hold factor of 3/5, this will come in handy for everyday hair and especially be helpful towards keeping my fringe in place.

Essential Care Eye Liner (Black) - *FULL SIZE* Made from 64% organic products and containing Shea butter, this fairtrade eyeliner is soft and incredibly easy to apply.

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara (Jet Black) - *FULL SIZE* Dramatic black mascara with a huge wand to reach those tricky areas and ensure full, thick and curved eyelashes. It isn't as thickening as my Lancome Hynose Drama, however does come very close and there are no clumps in sight.

Dr Bragi Intensive Treatment Mask - Designed to rapidly target redness, dehydration loss of firmness and signs of ageing, this fabric mask promises to ensure outstanding results in an instance. I am yet to try this mask as it only comes with one and I want to save it for a time my skin is in deep distress.

QMS Medicosmetics Hand Care - I'm always up for trying lotions and hand creams and this one delivers. It absorbs into the skin so quickly and feels incredibly lightweight and satin smooth once rubbed into the skin. It aims to fight signs of ageing and dryness.

Smooch Lipstick (Rocking Red) - *FULL SIZE* I love my lipsticks, especially bright ones. Smooch lipstick glided on very easily and has a super glossy coat to it. Even after eating, the gloss coat had disappeared but the colour was very much still there. Probably best to use a lip brush with this as I did find the stick wasn't cut to a lip's curve very well. Unfortunately, this lipstick was just a little too bright for my skin colour, but I will pass it onto my friend who has beautiful pale skin and rocks a 50's look.

Mont Bleu Mini Crystal and Glass Nail File - A pretty little nail file that does the job well and has an unlimited lifetime. It comes in a cute black pouch to protect the file and is easy to clean.

Youngblood Mineral Primer - I seem to always switch between BB creams and primers before using foundation. At the time of receiving this box, I was wearing BB cream constantly, however this primer has made me put that on hold and prime prime prime! The product goes a long way, one pump covers my whole face, and has a lovely silky smooth texture once on the skin. As if that wasn't enough, my foundation lasts for a heck of a long time!


Costing only £14.99 a box and free P+P, it certainly rivals my Glossybox and Carmine subsciptions!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment, I read each and every one of them and appreciate your time and opinions!