Friday 2 March 2012

Glossybox February 2012

I'm a tad late getting this post up, but here are the products I received in my February Glossybox.



DuWop Venom Gloss (Buttercup) - I don't usually like lipglosses and although this one was a tad sticky, (this being the reason lipglosses and I don't mix) I actually adored the colour. It was a subtle nude colour with a peachy hue to it, perfect for an everyday look. The tingling sensation it has on your lips takes some getting used to, although if you love your lip plumping glosses, it'll be a walk in the park.

Dr Bronner's Magic Liquid Soap - I didn't find anything magical about this at all. It's a soap with a runny consistency. Sure, it can be used for many different things, however through personal preference, I much prefer a soap that isn't unscented. This was a full size bottle and retailing at £1.99, it made me wonder what Glossybox were thinking when they put this in a luxury sampled beauty box. It's  nothing against the soap, but the point of a beauty box is to make me aware of products that I can't afford to just buy straight up.

Paul Mitchell Round Trip - Having naturally curly hair, I am always open to anything that has the words 'curl definer' in the description. I used to get my hair cut in a Paul Mitchell salon, from the young age of my first haircut up until I was about 14. So immediately the classic Paul Mitchell scent of the product brought me back to those innocent times! The product is just slightly runnier than a serum, such as the frizz ease contributions, and although my hair was still a tad fly-away, it certainly has made it's way to first place.

BM Beauty Pure Mineral Eyeshadow (Noir) -  I have plenty of black eyeshadows, I love my classic smokey eyes. Being a mineral makeup virgin, I was raring to go. I've always been put off by how messy mineral makeup can be and this product was no exception. IT GOT EVERYWHERE! However, after a beautiful and lightweight application, easy blending and two smouldering eyes as a result, I was incredibly pleased. It stayed put all day, as intense in colour as it was when I first applied it. For those of you complaining about getting a pink coloured eyeshadow, don't throw it away. It's a lovely texture. Use it as a blush instead!

Como Shambhala Invigorate Body Lotion - LOTION! SOLD! It has a gorgeous peppermint scent with a hint of lavender creeping up on you and although it can feel quite oily when just applied, a little goes a long way. 

Not too impressed with Glossybox this month. Although, I think it's just because they included that soap! Why?! Especially when it was a full size worth £1.99 and a select few got the Becca Beach Tint full size worth £20 instead! Mystery box better rock my socks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment, I read each and every one of them and appreciate your time and opinions!