Wednesday 9 May 2012

A Love/Hate Relationship

With the beauty market boasting so many varieties of products and brands, you are bound to come across some cosmetics you can't decide on. On first hearing about the Maxfactor Flipstick Colour Effect Lipstick, I was extremely excited to try it out. It was something different. Lipsticks have been the same for a long time and it was well overdue for something to come around and shake it up. The flipstick comes in 6 different shades, however I purchased just the one when it was first released exclusively with Superdrug, allowing me to have £2 off. 

Gipsy Red is the name of the shade, it was also this shade that was used in many of their advertisements. Two different colours are placed at either end of the product allowing you to do what the hell you want with them! Use alone, mix it up or one shade on either lip. The red is a highly pigmented and gorgeous summery colour accompanied by a pink shimmer whilst the gold can make any colour pop.


Unfortunately, I've found it hard coming to grips with said item. The texture is very moisturising and creamy allowing for lips to be hydrated and not be dried out. Yet, this doesn't seem to work in my favour as I find for times when I want the gold shade layered in a certain place, they tend to just mix together within a matter of seconds. Perhaps the gold shade needed to be just that touch more drying, allowing for product not to be easily transferred? 
Bottom swatch with the two mixed together

However, I will not give up. This lipstick is on to something. A brilliant brain child from the artists at Maxfactor and a chance for girls to take their lipstick to a multidimensional level. I will get my Effie Trinkett-esque lips! 

Retailing at £8.49, this can be found in Boots and Superdrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment, I read each and every one of them and appreciate your time and opinions!