Wednesday 21 March 2012

The Body Shop - Body Butter Duo in Sweet Pea



I hardly ever step foot in The Body Shop, I don't have anything against it, I personally love it. However, there isn't much point with the amount of Body Shop products I receive at Christmas, it's easy for someone to always be happy with some smelly stuff from there. Hence why I was in there looking for a Mother's Day present and once purchasing, I opened up a loyalty card which entitled me to purchase the Body Butter Duo in Sweet Pea for only £1. I snapped it up. Body butters are my weakness and you can never have too many. In the last five years, I have gone through many different varieties, however there was always one recurring item in my collection - Soap & Glory's Righteous Butter. I had used body butters from The Body Shop before, but none of them gave me that super moisturising feel that I always got with the Righteous Butter. The Duo has some serious competition.

The Sweet Pea Duo's packaging is plain and simple, pink to symbolise it's florally scent and very sturdy to allow for easy transportation. Once the lid is off, you are met with a divider in the middle of the tub. Now you get why it's called the duo, right? The creamy side is soothing and calming to the skin, whilst the harder side is intensely moisturising assuring those bits of dry skin around your knees and elbows are combatted quickly. The duo has a gorgeous floral scent perfect for Spring and Summer, however this only lasted an hour or two on my skin before the air had wiped out the smell.

I wouldn't suggest using the intensive moisturising side all over the body as you will end up feeling greasy, but if you are in need of some serious dry skin SOS after the bitter winter months, then I found mixing the two together is a real treat and the product gets to work quickly to relieve your skin and return it to it's naturally smooth form. My only qualm with the body butter is that it takes a bit longer to rub into the skin, I tend to use it just after a shower so perhaps the dampness of my skin causes it to slightly lather, however it isn't a huge problem at all.

The Body Butter Duo comes in four varieties, Macadamia, Floral Acai, Vanilla and Sweet Pea. Yum! You can find them in all The Body Shop stores and they retail from £12.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment, I read each and every one of them and appreciate your time and opinions!